Episode 8: Taking Action: How we are building a low-carbon future for Squamish
Apr 15th, 2021 by District B Sides
The climate emergency has been at the forefront of District of Squamish policies, decision-making and operations since making the declaration in 2019. In this episode, District of Squamish Mayor Karen Elliott, is joined by Councillor Jenna Stoner and District of Squamish Manager of Sustainability and Climate Change Ian Picketts for a conversation about climate change, how the District is taking action and simple steps you can take to create a brighter future for Squamish.
In this episode you'll learn about:
- The Six Big Moves of the District's Community Climate Action Plan and how they are being actioned;
- The District's new Climate Action website and some of the resources available for residents interested in lowering their carbon footprint;
- What considerations are needed when making climate related policies;
- Why climate change is no longer a concept of the future;
- Why we shouldn't underestimate our individual role in the climate emergency.